Work Experience: SD38 Career Programs Partnership
1. Manufacturing & Engineering Co-op (MEC) *** CONFIRMED FOR 23/24!
RVS Partnership: with Northwest Skills Institute, J.N. Burnett Secondary & SD.38 Career Programs
MEC is open for current Grades 10/11 students to apply to take in the second semester of their Grade 11/12 school year. The program offers students the opportunity to explore a variety of manufacturing processes and learn skills as they relate to engineering. Students will gain practical volunteer work experience through placement opportunities with local manufacturing and engineering companies. Students may also opt to take an online certification program(s) through the Northwest Skills Institute. (Certificate tuition is significantly discounted with further subsidization opportunities being possible.)
- Attend Burnett Secondary in the second semester of grade 11 or 12 for the first three blocks of the day
- Travel back to home school for last block class (If student’s school rotates last block they may opt to take their last block class at Burnett Secondary)
- Students will still graduate from their home high school
Courses: (total 12 credits toward graduation)
- Engineering 11 (RVS)
- Skills Exploration 11/12 (Burnett)
- Work Experience 12 (Burnett)
- Work Force Training Certificate 12 (RVS)
For more information and to register please visit: https://careerprograms.sd38.bc.ca/programs/manufacturing-engineering-mec-co-op
2. Cybersecurity Academy (Certification and Co-op) - ***Proposed: To be confirmed***
Students would complete the following courses:
- MCINF11: COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS 11 (4 credits)
- MCINF12: COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS 12 (4 credits)
- MWEX-2A: WORK EXPERIENCE 12A (4 credits)
After completing these courses students will be prepared to write the PCCET certification through Palo Alto Networks.
Please contact us at RVS (email@example.com) if you are interested in the Cybersecurity Academy and we will get back to you with more information!