The SKY Program @ RVS (Gr.11-12)
As we continue our return to regular programming
(including: outdoor education, service projects and work experience)
the SKY Program is on pause for the 2024/25 school year.
Please contact us if you are interested joining us for the 25/26 school year!!!
Check out our SKY intro on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/85774856
SKY's mission is to teach students using inquiry and project-based learning, to become critical thinkers, collaborators, innovators & contributors. To connect students with their community of interests through work experiences and Independent Directed Studies.
The Profile of a SKY student
The type of students who are successful in SKY are independent, self-directed learners who are also able to work as members of a team. They are curious, creative, reliable, organized, and able to apply new learning. These students are sociable and willing to speak up with ideas and questions. SKY Students are doers, directors, makers, thinkers, dreamers, and problem-solvers. They want to connect with the community that shares their interests through work experiences and large independent directed projects.
The SKY Program
The SKY Program provides opportunities for creative, motivated, and independent students to extend their learning through inquiry. It teaches students through a combination of online content and classroom instruction.It provides students with access to the tools and equipment in the District MakerSpace to plan, design and build their projects. Teachers use outdoor adventures for team building, developing an appreciation of nature and increasing students’ confidence, leadership, and mental well-being.
Criteria for SKY Student Applicants
Applicants will be selected for the SKY program based on how well they are able to answers to the following questions:
- Are they meeting expectations in the core subjects?
- Have they successfully completed ELL 3?
- Do they have the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Are they able to use technology?
- Do they have evidence of creative extended projects?
How can I apply for the SKY program?
- Go to our website (richmondvirtualschool.ca), click on the Register Today for RVS button and then click on the Register button under the SKY Program description. Complete the registration form.
- Click on the SKY Questions link to download the questions. Email your SKY Question answers to us.
- Wait for us to contact you to set up time for an interview.